Hancock's Half Hour - No. 17
"AIR STEWARD HANCOCK"
[ Available on B.B.C. video: "Competitions: How To Win Money And Influence People"; Catalogue No. BBCV5850 ]
HANCOCK WINS THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN
- ..... right through The Battle Of Britain, painted so many swastikas on the side of my kite some our lads used to think I was the enemy .....
HANCOCK KNOWS A PLAIN-CLOTHES COPPER WHEN HE SEES ONE
- BURLY PLAIN-CLOTHES POLICEMAN:
- How did you know we were policemen?
- I, er ..... I looked it up on the passenger list. I should never have known otherwise, you could be anybody: Cabinet Ministers or Italian footballers or Sadlers Wells ballet .....
AIR STEWARD HANCOCK, PRE-TAKE OFF
- SID JAMES:
- The plane is still on the ground.
- So it is, so it is! Good grief, I'd better tell the pilot before he pulls the wheels up!