Hancock's Half Hour - No. 51
"THE REUNION PARTY"
[ Available on B.B.C. video: "The Bedsitter"; Catalogue No. BBCV4049 ]
HANCOCK'S ORDER AT THE OFF LICENCE
- Pin your ears back, this is going to be a big 'un, this'll probably clear you right out! Now then, I want: TEN crates of Stout Winter Brew, FIVE crates of Best Brown, TWELVE quarts of Dragon's Breath, TWO barrels of bitter, TWO crates of Danish lager, and a barrel of rough cider.
- Cor blimey! Are you going to have a party?
- No, my grandmother's coming over .....
HANCOCK'S OLD WAR PAL, "SMUDGER" SMITH
- ..... and could he he get the women? Could he get the women!? He was the only bloke who came back from Dunkirk with two women!
- SID JAMES:
- Two of 'em?
- Well it was too far for one to row, wasn't it?
"KIPPERS" HANCOCK PUTS HIS FOOT IN IT
- 'Ere, I know what I wanted to ask you: what ever happened to that ATS girl you were knocking about with? The one with the big hooter, you know, the one you used to take out for a bet; she'd got great big feet - ooh, she was a shocker! - what ever happened to her?
- "SMUDGER" SMITH:
- I married her.
- Yes, yes, of course, yes, I- I remember her now, yes, nice girl she was, got a very very nice disposition, yes ..... Sid, get us a drink will you?