Hancock's Half Hour - No. 56
"THE EAST CHEAM CENTENARY"
COUNCILLOR HANCOCK OMITS TO DECLARE AN INTEREST
- Do up the houses in the borough!
- FELLOW COUNCILLOR:
- You always suggest that because your house is the only one that needs doing up!
- What are you inferring? Mr. Mayor, I refuse to sit here and be insulted by this, this, tradesman here! If it wasn't for your age, sir, I should offer you outside in the alleyway .....
HANCOCK ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- Local Government is the backbone of democracy, the cornerstone of freedom. Surely one can criticise one's fellow members without some ruffian threatening to duff one up?
HANCOCK SUPPORTS A COMMITTEE PROPOSAL
- I was going to suggest a souvenir edition of the East Cheam Gazette.
- I'm speechless! He's taken my breath away! I'm overcome with the sheer magnitude of it! This'll set the whole world buzzing with complete disinterest .....