Hancock's Half Hour - No. 59
[ Available on B.B.C. video: "The Bowmans"; Catalogue No. BBCV4047 ]
HANCOCK ON SCRIPTWRITERS
- It's the scriptwriters, they don't know what they're doing. They're making me far too unsympathetic. Last week I kicked the dog three times!
- 'THE BOWMANS' PRODUCER:
- Well, that was NOT in the script!
- Well, no, but he asked for it .....
HANCOCK NEGOTIATES A NEW B.B.C. CONTRACT
- Ten thousand a year, five year contract, I get top billing, I write all my own scripts, and a free radio licence .....
HANCOCK PLANS A CAREER CHANGE
- Oh, I'll be a missionary, I think. Help the under-privileged people of the world. I hear it pays quite well. Or shall I just do away with myself .....