Hancock's Half Hour - No. 61
[ Available on B.B.C. video: "The Lift"; Catalogue No. BBCV4038 ]
HANCOCK ON HOW TO CALL A LIFT
- AIR MARSHALL:
- Well now, what's happening? What's wrong - trouble with the lift? Anybody pressed the button?
- Do you know, we'd never thought of that! "Anybody pressed the button?" Dear oh dear, the military mind! Of course we've pressed the button - what do you think we've been doing? Trying to pull it up by the rope?
HANCOCK ON HOW TO COPE IN A STUCK LIFT
- Doctor, what have you got in your little black bag there? Got any sleeping pills?
- Right, two each all round, let's forget all about it!
HANCOCK KEEPS SPIRITS HIGH
- WOMAN IN LIFT:
- I'm suffocating! I've got to get out of here!
- MAN IN LIFT:
- My wife's got claustrophobia!
- Oh yes? That's a handy thing to have in a lift, init? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .....